to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit administration  →  Thread

Third party log ins

Dan_Manville
forum member

Mental health & welfare rights service - Wolverhampton City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 2262

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/512345/response/1232935/attach/html/2/Reply FOI 3550.pdf.html

During conversations about logging in to journal’s I wondered about whether the IP address would be logged.

Turns out it is so concerns can be assuaged.

GWRS adviser
forum member

Welfare Rights Service, Greenwich Council, London

Send message

Total Posts: 211

Very interesting, thanks Dan. 

How do you envisage a service might use this information? 

As an example, if a service is accused by one of it’s service users of having done something in their online journal which the service was not authorised to do then I imagine that the service could write to DWP to request the logs. 

However, surely this could only be done with explicit time limited authorisation given by the client through the online journal? I can imagine instances where this authorisation might not be given.

Dan_Manville
forum member

Mental health & welfare rights service - Wolverhampton City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 2262

Owen Stevens - 13 September 2018 05:22 PM

However, surely this could only be done with explicit time limited authorisation given by the client through the online journal? I can imagine instances where this authorisation might not be given.

I think if an accusation was made, the accuser could be encouraged or assisted to make a Right of Access request to validate their assertion. The information isn’t available through the case manager/work coach nexus so the natural approach would be via a RoA. Should they be unwilling to prove their case they could easily be discredited.

In blunt terms… “put your money where your mouth is”.