to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit administration  →  Thread

UC - bank accounts

tarzier
forum member

The Regard Partnership, Kingston

Send message

Total Posts: 54

Good morning, being a Corporate Appointee, we are looking into overcoming the issue of UC payments coming into one main Client Account, as more than 10 UC claims connected to the same account causes problems with payments being missed, that along with the reference number changing each time a payment is made, even if it is for the same client. 

I have been speaking to our Banking provider this morning about setting up individual virtual accounts but the Bank are asking whether DWP system would accept a NINO as the account name?  Anyone able to answer this for me?

Kindest

Julia

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3546

I’ve sent an email in via stakeholders forum - will let you know if I hear anything…

tarzier
forum member

Send message

Many thanks Daphne.  Do you have any contact with any UC Stakeholder meetings in the South East?  I would like to be part, especially all the issues we have encountered so far as a Corporate Appointee.  Kindest Julia

Daphne
Administrator

Send message

I’m afraid I don’t Julia - I just go to the national ones on behalf of rightsnet and NAWRA. Maybe worth talking to your regional partnership manager to see if there is anything about?

tarzier
forum member

Send message

Many thanks for your help.

Daphne
Administrator

Send message

I’ve had a reply on this now via the stakeholders forum. Unfortunately there is no way they can use the NINo as the account name - they say they are still looking for a digital solution!!

Sorry this isn’t more helpful - it’s an issue we will keep pressing with them… NAWRA raised it in our response about the managed migration pointing out this should not go ahead until this issue has been resolved.

tarzier
forum member

Send message

Many thanks.  Yes also very little has come out in the UC update report about Corporate Appointees, just that this is being looked into.  So many issues!