to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Income support, JSA and tax credits  →  Thread

can you change job centre?

stevenmcavoy
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Enable Scotland

Send message

Total Posts: 871

anyone ever had anyone want to do this and able to save me a lot of time looking for the answer as its never came up for me.

with jcp closures in glasgow lots of clients are having to change where they sign on. 

one claimant would rather sign on at a different jcp office from the one their postcode defaults to.  is this possible?  and if so has anyone done it in practice able to give any pointers?

BC Welfare Rights
forum member

The Brunswick Centre, Kirklees & Calderdale

Send message

Total Posts: 1366

It is possible with the agreement of the Jobcentre managers concerned, I’ve had clients do it a couple of times. As I recall it is a discretionary decision for the managers to make and it may be difficult to challenge if refused.

stevenmcavoy
forum member

Send message

Billy Durrant - 29 January 2018 04:13 PM

It is possible with the agreement of the Jobcentre managers concerned, I’ve had clients do it a couple of times. As I recall it is a discretionary decision for the managers to make and it may be difficult to challenge if refused.

thanks for that.  it has been refused in this case (prior to my involvement).  do you remember if you came across guidance etc from asking before?  thats the part im no doubt going to end up in a frustrated search for.

BC Welfare Rights
forum member

The Brunswick Centre, Kirklees & Calderdale

Send message

Total Posts: 1366

I got that info from somewhere but can’t for the life of me remember if it was guidance, an FOI request or told by Partnership Manager, sorry. The last one I did was at my other job (also refused) - I’m back there Weds aft and will see if I can find it there

stevenmcavoy
forum member

Send message

Billy Durrant - 29 January 2018 04:55 PM

I got that info from somewhere but can’t for the life of me remember if it was guidance, an FOI request or told by Partnership Manager, sorry. The last one I did was at my other job (also refused) - I’m back there Weds aft and will see if I can find it there

excellent.  cheers.

Mick Quinn
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Northumberland County Council

Send message

Total Posts: 161

https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/viewthread/5142/#20999

Little bit more here…..and it is little!

stevenmcavoy
forum member

Send message

thanks all.

i got in touch with the regional manager email and got a very swift response.  basically the answer is ask the job coach, if they say no complain and get the team leader and if that doesn’t work then it goes regional via the normal complaints procedure.