to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit migration  →  Thread

transitional protection

MaggieB
forum member

Dorchester CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 271

Does anyone have more details on plans to time limit transitional protection.  I thought it was indefinite (unless change of circs) but colleague who recently went on CPAG course was told there are plans to time limit. Any idea of timeframe?

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3546

The regulations aren’t written yet so we don’t know for sure. I hadn’t heard plans to time limit but until we get the regs we can’t know exactly how it will work. Though the nature of it may well be that if you have lots of changes of circumstances eg changing wages, it could get eaten away pretty quickly.

MaggieB
forum member

Dorchester CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 271

Changes of wages would be pretty tough wouldn’t it? nil hours contract and goodbye TP!

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3546

It would but I fear that’s what it will be - fits in with their previous info on it (although that was a long time ago now…)

Stuart
Administrator

rightsnet editor

Send message

Total Posts: 890

The timetable for migration is ‘still in development’ according to Alok Sharma .... as I suspect are plans on how it will work….

‘The managed migration of legacy benefit claimants to Universal Credit is planned to start in July 2019, completing in March 2022. We are still developing the more detailed plans as to when this will occur in particular geographic areas during this period.’

http://www.parliament.uk/business/publications/written-questions-answers-statements/written-question/Commons/2018-01-08/121638