to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Benefits for older people  →  Thread

Diminishing notional capital and CTR not CTB

sue c
forum member

Wefare rights - Lewes and Seaford CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 22

DNC applied to my client. PC and HB not received have been taken into account in DNC rules, but seemingly not CTR. SPCRegs 2002 Reg 22 para (3) (c) refers to CTB (not CTR) to be taken into account as a deduction.
The same wording still seems to apply in the IS Regs. There seems to have been no change of definition of CTB to include CTR for DNC.
Has anyone come across this and does PC (or IS) take CTR into account as a relevant deduction in DNC rules treating CTB also to mean CTR?

Paul_Treloar_AgeUK
forum member

Information and advice resources - Age UK

Send message

Total Posts: 3211

In my opinion, they are two distinct benefits with different primary and secondary legislation so I do think you’ve identified a problem due to the lack of amendment of PC regs to incorporate CTR rather than CTB in these situations. I’ll discuss with a colleague here and see whether we can get any clarity from Pension Service.

sue c
forum member

Send message

That would be great. applies to IS Regs Reg 51A, and ESA Regs 116 too.. Must surely be intention of parliament that CTB be read to include CTR. Sticking plaster needed for CTB to include CTR in this context.

sue c
forum member

Send message

Paul, Have you had any response yet I wonder from the pension service re the CTB/CTR anomaly?