Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Other benefit issues  →  Thread

DWP: Your Time Is Up !

WRT Case Worker
forum member

Citizens Advice Rotherham

Send message

Total Posts: 66

Anyone else had this? -

Called 0800 0556688 today to make a claim for ESA. Claimant spoke directly with DWP to make the claim. 22 minutes in and the female voice on the phone says “I must end the call because my shift has finished, goodbye”.

The line went dead. I was shocked, Clt burst into tears.

I have had many concerns in the past about unsatisfactory telephone service, but this is quite scary!

nottsadvisor
forum member

Welfare rights - Nottingham City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 129

I had a call handler end a call halfway through a taking a claim as their shift was up, but in that case they had warned me at the start it was likely to happen and explained that I would be able to call back and carry on with someone else from where we left off.  Still annoying as had to wait for them to answer a second time, but when I did get through again they could indeed carry on as promised.

Just putting the phone down though, what a cheek!  And not nice that your client was so upset.  Did you try and call back?

ClairemHodgson
forum member

Solicitor, SC Law, Harrow

Send message

Total Posts: 1221

you’d think the DWP would allow and pay for overtime in such circumstances…..or is this a symptom of staff lack of motivation/etc….

WRT Case Worker
forum member

Citizens Advice Rotherham

Send message

Total Posts: 66

nottsadvisor - 04 July 2017 12:29 PM

Just putting the phone down though, what a cheek!  And not nice that your client was so upset.  Did you try and call back?

Clt had to dash to JCP before closing and said she would return next AM to try again.

No return !

BEF completed.