Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Children and childcare  →  Thread

CTC 2 child limit

JoW
forum member

Financial inclusion manager - Wythenshawe Community Housing

Send message

Total Posts: 343

Hello

I thought I had seen some guidance about “blended families” but now can’t find it. Anyone seen it? Got a link?

I am thinking of different scenarios where people get together with children already. For example if 2 people both with 2 children each born post rule changes. Presumably CTC stops for 2 - is it based on age which 2 it stops for i.e is it the 2 youngest?

Thanks

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3537

Daphne
Administrator

Send message

Scottish Social Security Committee have agreed in their meeting today to write to the UK and Scottish governments about the two child limit -

http://www.parliament.scot/S5_Social_Security/Minutes/20170525_Minutes.pdf

Daphne
Administrator

Send message

Response to a written question yesterday asking about what other agencies will have access to information recorded in relation to support for a child conceived without your consent -

Any disclosure request for information in relation to the exception would be considered in liaison with the prosecuting authority as appropriate, in accordance with procedures and practice applicable in the jurisdiction concerned and taking account of particular circumstances, including the relevance of the documents requested to the case and all applicable legal considerations including those relating to data protection.