to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit administration  →  Thread

UC Incommunicado

Bram@Ladywood
forum member

Ladywood Community Advice Service Birmingham

Send message

Total Posts: 31

I have attempted to phone UC on behalf of client (present) to query missing payment. DWP have told me that due to him being abusive in the past that there is a note on their system that he is banned from calling them and that he can only communicate with them in writing Would not speak to me on his behalf. He does not have PSN so cannot get onto his journal.
Any ideas if i can get around this?

Paul_Treloar_AgeUK
forum member

Information and advice resources - Age UK

Send message

Total Posts: 3211

UC full service does not provide a list of escalation numbers. The best way to escalate issues is to contact your UC local partnership manager. To get their contact details, contact your regional partnership manager whose details are available at DWP National Partnership Teams. 

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/dwp-partnerships/national-partnership-teams#england

I would also register a complaint, as this is absolutely absurd. I’d be abusive, to be quite frank, in the face of such mindnumbingly stupid bureaucracy.

Peter Turville
forum member

Welfare rights worker - Oxford Community Work Agency

Send message

Total Posts: 1659

You could refer client to MP - they can still access UC direct https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/welfare-rights/news/item/mps-can-use-implicit-consent-to-discuss-universal-credit-queries-on-behalf
I think it is importatnt MPs are aware of the realities of dealing with full service.

SarahJBatty
forum member

Money Adviser, Thirteen, Middlesbrough

Send message

Total Posts: 345

Sorry why can he not get into his journal?

Paul_Treloar_AgeUK
forum member

Information and advice resources - Age UK

Send message

Total Posts: 3211

Doesn’t have his Personal Security Number it seems.

SarahJBatty
forum member

Money Adviser, Thirteen, Middlesbrough

Send message

Total Posts: 345

So doesnt have username and password and security questions either?  I think they need an appointment at the jobcentre booked explicitly to get all that re-set.  This is why ‘explicit consent’ is totally inadquate to cater for all scenarios.  This is a case where the person cannot log explicit consent and yet needs someone to act on his behalf…..

MP caseworker might be the best bet