to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Work capability issues and ESA  →  Thread

DS1500 Procedure with ESA.

Nan
forum member

Generalist team - Hammersmith & Fulham CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 155

I have a client who has had a DS1500 sent for his PIP. I am wondering can this same DS1500 be used for ESA purposes? Or does a separate DS1500 have to be sent for ESA or do ESA have access to the PIP one?

Also when a DS1500 is received do you need to complete the PIP2 form and ESA50 form or can they be waived in these situations? I gather the PIP DS1500 route has changed somewhat.

Thanks,

HFCA

BC Welfare Rights
forum member

The Brunswick Centre, Kirklees & Calderdale

Send message

Total Posts: 1366

Only one DS1500 is needed, although in my experience ESA need directing to its existence when it has been submitted in association with a PIP claim. The PIP2 does not need to be completed, the claim can be done by phone but someone will have to answer a couple of questions around the mobility component: can s/he plan and follow a journey, can they walk more than 50m/20m. Sorry,  I can’t recall what you need to do with a new ESA claim, last ones I have done ESA was already in payment and it was just a question of making ESA aware.

Nan
forum member

Generalist team - Hammersmith & Fulham CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 155

Billy Durrant - 03 May 2017 09:24 PM

Only one DS1500 is needed, although in my experience ESA need directing to its existence when it has been submitted in association with a PIP claim. The PIP2 does not need to be completed, the claim can be done by phone but someone will have to answer a couple of questions around the mobility component: can s/he plan and follow a journey, can they walk more than 50m/20m. Sorry,  I can’t recall what you need to do with a new ESA claim, last ones I have done ESA was already in payment and it was just a question of making ESA aware.

Thanks a lot Billy. Much appreciate for your advice.