Total Posts: 1659

part 2

File Attachments

Dan
forum member

CPAG

Send message

Total Posts: 15

Is the key sentence “in later forecast reports, “Universal Credit appeals” had disappeared as an entry.”, at the bottom of page 12?

Peter Turville
forum member

Welfare rights worker - Oxford Community Work Agency

Send message

Total Posts: 1659

Dan - 10 June 2014 10:11 AM

Is the key sentence “in later forecast reports, “Universal Credit appeals” had disappeared as an entry.”, at the bottom of page 12?

Or at p15

“HMCTS does not produce its own forcasts of SSCS appeals. It is entirely dependent upon data suppied by DWP. The following Table shows the latest forcast received from DWP, set against some of the earlier forecasts to illustrate the volatility of the predictions.”

Is this a polite judicial way of saying DWP don’t appear to have a clue?

Welfare Rights Adviser
forum member

Social inclusion unit - Swansea Council

Send message

Total Posts: 163

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/jun/11/work-capability-assessment-collapse-benefits?CMP=EMCSOCEML657

well done - now reported in the guardian that the report was published on line last week in a forum for welfare rights advisers

dwp and the guardian are reading us

Andrew Dutton
forum member

Welfare rights service - Derbyshire County Council

Send message

Total Posts: 1955

“In its April 2013 forecast DWP estimated that HMCTS would receive 1355 UC appeals in 2013-14 and 77,926 appeals in 2014-15. By 31.3.14, HMCTS had actually received three.”

I love this.

Interviewer: In your plan, ‘A Better Britain For Us’, you claimed that you would build 88,000 million, billion houses a year in the Greater London area alone. In fact, you’ve built only three in the last fifteen years. Are you a bit disappointed with this result? 

Minister No, no. I’d like to answer this question if I may in two ways. Firstly in my normal voice and then in a kind of silly high-pitched whine… You see housing is a problem really… 

[M Python]

[ Edited: 11 Jun 2014 at 02:51 pm by Andrew Dutton ]
Dan_Manville
forum member

Mental health & welfare rights service - Wolverhampton City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 2262

Welfare Rights Adviser - 11 June 2014 01:55 PM

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/jun/11/work-capability-assessment-collapse-benefits?CMP=EMCSOCEML657

well done - now reported in the guardian that the report was published on line last week in a forum for welfare rights advisers

dwp and the guardian are reading us

It’s been widely reported on various blogs and Facebook groups since it came up here. No surprise the Grauniad spotted it.

stevenmcavoy
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Enable Scotland

Send message

Total Posts: 868

have the DWP not produced full stats themselves for the % of decisions overturned due to mandatory recons?  i cant seem to find any.