to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Decision making and appeals  →  Thread

Where to get SSCS1 forms?

ainsworth74
forum member

Welfare Rights Redcar & Cleveland Council

Send message

Total Posts: 3

With mandatory reconsiderations and direct lodgement of appeals rapidly approaching I’ve been trying to get hold of some SSCS1s and SSCS1As to replace our mountain of GL24s with no joy so far. HM Courts and Tribunals have told me to talk to the DWP about it and the DWP order service have told me that the forms aren’t available.

So does anyone know anywhere we can get hold of them? Am I missing something obvious or is it a case of printing out own as and when we need them? Considering that I’ve seen some DWP documents stating that you’ll be able to get them from advice agencies this seems a bit odd if they aren’t available anywhere…

Tom B (WRAMAS)
forum member

WRAMAS - Bristol City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 454

ainsworth74
forum member

Send message

Thanks but I did know about the online version, I’m wondering if it’s possible (and if it where) to get printed copies?

Jon (CANY)
forum member

Welfare benefits - Craven CAB, North Yorkshire

Send message

Total Posts: 1362

The PIP “Disputes Journey” available here, updated 10 June 2013 states:

The claimant can download an appeal form from the HMCTS website or from the gov.uk website.

>

The MRN letter includes details of the HMCTS website and the gov.uk website.

However, this is an amendment from the March 2013 version, which stated:

The claimant can download an appeals back [sic] from the HMCTS website, or can phone HMCTS to ask for a pack to be posted to them.

>

The MRN letter includes the website and phone number

Form SSCS1a refers to “local independent advice agencies who may stock the form”, but - as is increasingly the case with government publications - the word “stock” clearly means “print off at the impoverished agency’s own expense”.

stefrisk
forum member

Sleaford CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 22

Adviser Magazine 157 page 6 “hard copies can be obtained by emailing .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

We did this inJuly this year and it works. Asked for a boxful and a boxful appeared within a week of asking.

Jon (CANY)
forum member

Send message

Thank you, I had missed that (is that an HM Prison Service email??).

I withdraw my comments about the printing costs. Though it’s still not much help to an appellant who can’t easily access advice services or internet/printer.

ainsworth74
forum member

Send message

Just to update I sent an email to the above email address and sure enough today 50 of them turned up! Many thanks for the tip.

marilyn
forum member

welfare benefits, mansfield cab, mansfield, notts.

Send message

Total Posts: 1

GL24s can still be used until 2014.  You can get copies of SSCS1 forms from justice.gov.appeals.  Put SSCS1 in the search box and then when it comes up click on Social Security & Child Support Tribunal forms.

Jon (CANY)
forum member

Send message

ainsworth74 - 15 October 2013 11:31 AM

Just to update I sent an email to the above email address and sure enough today 50 of them turned up! Many thanks for the tip.

Ditto, received a box of forms, printed on nice glossy paper.
(And yes, they were sent from Leyhill, which is a minimum-security prison)

stefrisk
forum member

Sleaford CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 22

Glad to be of help!