to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Other benefit issues  →  Thread

£650 cost of living payment

Rosie W
forum member

Welfare rights service - Northumberland County Council

Send message

Total Posts: 471

I should be able to understand this from the Act but my brain isn’t co-operating.

Is it appealable?

Dan Manville
forum member

Greater Manchester Law Centre

Send message

Total Posts: 466

6 Administration of additional payments
(1)For all purposes relating to the administration of an additional payment, any provision applying in relation to a social security benefit, child tax credit, working tax credit or disability benefit by reference to which that payment is made is to apply in relation to that payment as if that payment were a payment or award of the social security benefit, child tax credit, working tax credit or disability benefit in question.

Presumably the D&A regs would bite by virtue of that provision so I’d say so.

linky

Rosie W
forum member

Welfare rights service - Northumberland County Council

Send message

Total Posts: 471

Dan Manville - 07 July 2022 02:45 PM

6 Administration of additional payments
(1)For all purposes relating to the administration of an additional payment, any provision applying in relation to a social security benefit, child tax credit, working tax credit or disability benefit by reference to which that payment is made is to apply in relation to that payment as if that payment were a payment or award of the social security benefit, child tax credit, working tax credit or disability benefit in question.

Presumably the D&A regs would bite by virtue of that provision so I’d say so.

linky

Thanks Dan. The next para goes on to say:

2)The provision applied by subsection (1)—
(a)includes provision relating to overpayments and recovery, and appeals relating to overpayments and recovery (but not provision relating to appeals or reviews about entitlement to the social security benefit, tax credit or disability benefit in question), and
(b)is subject to any necessary modifications.

I wasn’t sure if that was an attempt to exclude appeals against the additional payments themselves.