Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Disability benefits  →  Thread

Pip2

Bcfu
forum member

Blackpool Centre For Unemployed

Send message

Total Posts: 204

Hi

Had a client bring in a PIP2 Form for me to fill in but it’s not the usual booklet that I normally get. It looks as though it’s been printed off manually (not stabled together in a booklet) and the form is the older version of this.

It doesn’t have a return free post envelope but has the address on the back listed as the Wolverhampton address which I send MRs etc to.

Cl states it was sent from the Pip claim line but I’m not convinced.

Anyone else had experience of different type of forms. I d hate to send it to them and it be the wrong form

Thanks

Adam

seand
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Wheatley Homes

Send message

Total Posts: 301

I have seen a couple of PIP2 forms like this. Both of them were paper forms that had to be printed out when something had gone wrong with the online PIP2 form - unable to access, the email link wasn’t received etc.

perhaps this happened with your client?

Ruth_T
forum member

Volunteer adviser - Corby Borough Welfare Rights & CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 313

All genuine PIP questionnaire forms have a number printed at the bottom left of the first page of the form.  The standard form is PIP.1003; the review form is PIP.1043 (previously AR1).  In January 2021 they also issued a form PIP2, but I have never actually seen one of those.

seand
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Wheatley Homes

Send message

Total Posts: 301

I’ve just received another of these forms, definitely printed when the online PIP2 process failed. it has “PIP2 June 2018” at the bottom left of each page

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3537

One of the DWP officials who works with stakeholders monitors rightsnet to keep an eye out for problems and has very helpfully emailed me with a response to the issues raised here -

If a customer does go down the digital application route initially, the PIP2 function is supressed and as such if a customer then opts for a clerical form (for whatever reason) a duplicate can- not be issued via the system route due to the suppression so a manual process takes place and a clerical PiP2 is issued.

From the information noted above, it gives me cause to think that some of our team members are using old clerical forms and not the December 2020 version which is different and coded.  Additionally, colleagues may not be including a pre- paid envelope.

Our service delivery colleagues are now looking into this issue and will do some reminder/remedial work with our teams.