Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Devolved benefit issues  →  Thread

Social Security Scotland (SSS)

Mr Jim
forum member

Asylum & Roma Team, Social Work Services, Glasgow City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 134

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is an advisor’s line for SSS?

Jim

Va1der
forum member

Welfare Rights Officer with SWAMP Glasgow

Send message

Total Posts: 706

I have queried this with them repeatedly, as far as I know nothing has been set up yet.

When I worked in Edinburgh the local partnership manager was amenable to being contacted directly for escalation (though being a single person role I imagine she’d get swamped if we took advantage of that offer regularly). Their details are online somewhere, broken down by region/city - I think there’s two for Glasgow. I’ve got it written down somewhere, but of course I can’t find it at the moment.

EDIT: There ya go:

https://www.socialsecurity.gov.scot/guidance-resources/resources/local-delivery-service-relationship-lead-contact-details

(Edited: to replace email addresses with link to pdf doc)

EDIT 3: Updated link.

[ Edited: 30 May 2022 at 02:30 pm by Va1der ]
Mr Jim
forum member

Asylum & Roma Team, Social Work Services, Glasgow City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 134

Thanks Va1der.

Jim

Va1der
forum member

Send message

I got in touch with SSS to ask for an updated list, as the current one appears to be a bit out of date (last updated in November).
As far as Glasgow goes, Colette Bryson has left her position, but you can still contact Sharon Collins. There is a new second relationship lead, and she’s looking into getting the list updated.

“In terms of escalations we are looking into building some type of referral process.” Not sure what that might look like, but in the interim confirmed the Relationship Leads are happy to be contacted for escalation.

Va1der
forum member

Send message

Updated the earlier post with updated link (it still says Nov 21, but the list has indeed been updated): https://www.socialsecurity.gov.scot/guidance-resources/resources/local-delivery-service-relationship-lead-contact-details

I also linked to the page, rather than direct to the pdf, as they haven’t taken down the old document which can still be accessed through the old link…