Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Decision making and appeals  →  Thread

Driving a car and Activity 1

DWRS
forum member

Durham County Council Welfare Rights

Send message

Total Posts: 73

Good morning,

I hope this is of some assistance to people on here.  It’s a decision from the Upper Tribunal stating unequivocally that the grip used in driving is not the same as the grip used in peeling and chopping vegetables.  This position is supported by the DWP’s representative (in fact the judge has adopted the DWP’s reasoning.)

In my experience, FTT’s had been rowing back slightly from the position that it was automatically assumed if you could drive then you could prepare vegetables, but it looks like this decision puts that particular line of reasoning to bed for once and for all.

[ Edited: 14 Oct 2020 at 03:20 pm by DWRS ]
CHAC Adviser
forum member

Caseworker - CHAC, Middlesbrough

Send message

Total Posts: 259

Oh very good! That’s been a perennial bugbear of mine!

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Total Posts: 3773

Further to the original post ...the attachment needed a couple of pages removing .. here’s the updated version:

https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/pdfs/CPIP_2039_2019.pdf

A Stavert
forum member

Welfare benefits officer - Scottish Borders Council, Scotland

Send message

Total Posts: 44

shawn mach - 14 October 2020 03:28 PM

Further to the original post ...the attachment needed a couple of pages removing .. here’s the updated version:

https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/pdfs/CPIP_2039_2019.pdf

Shawn, you appear to have removed most of the ink as well - it’s too faint to read.  (Or is that just me?)

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Total Posts: 3773

A Stavert - 26 October 2020 04:13 PM

Shawn, you appear to have removed most of the ink as well - it’s too faint to read.  (Or is that just me?)

Oh no .... it looks fine to me ... but I’ve also attached it here in case that’s better for you ..

Cheers - Shawn

File Attachments