Search options

Where

Benefit

Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Other benefit issues  →  Thread

Query about Entitledto better off calculator not including the carer element of UC

JAS1
forum member

Advice Worker, Gaddum Centre

Send message

Total Posts: 367

hello,

I am a bit confused about the Entitledto better off calculator but wanted to check in case it was me missing something blatantly obvious!

When doing a better off calculation for a carer going from 14 hours working per week to 15 hours per week of National Living Wage it appears the better off calculator removed the carers element of UC. Obviously 15 hours is the cut off where carers go above the £128 earning limit and lose Carer Allowance (works out as £130.80 p/w).

I tested the same calculation on the better of calculator and then through the main calculator and it came out differently. I just did a very simple one of a carer with no housing costs, no other income working 15 hours earning £130.80 p/w

Better off calculator result =

UC - £52.80 per month

Main calculator result =

UC = £215.72 per month

Difference between the two - £162.92 (same amount as Carer Element)

Am I misunderstanding how the better off calculator works? Would appreciate clarification! I would have assumed it would have included the Carer Element just like the main calculator

Thanks

Joel

JAS1
forum member

Advice Worker, Gaddum Centre

Send message

Total Posts: 367

update: Entiteldto got back to me very quickly and said they are amending the calculator to stop this happening.