Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Other benefit issues  →  Thread

Search problems on the forum

Paul_Treloar_AgeUK
forum member

Information and advice resources - Age UK

Send message

Total Posts: 3207

Hi folks,

When I search for something, I’ve noticed that the results page often states “180 topics match your search for…” yet I can only access the first 30.

For example, I’ve just searched for appointee https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/search_results/317481347772798a5b2fb7ad3c905fdb/

and bottom result is May 2016 - I can’t believe I’m seeing all the results here but I can’t see any way to see any of the other results.

Any suggestions?

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3546

Hi Paul -

Shawn - who as you know is the expert on such things - is away this week and next. However, in his absence, Stuart and I have been thinking…

You could try narrowing your search eg you could search for appointee in each topic which cuts it down and enables the results to go further back. Or you could add another word to your search to narrow it down, or select a date range (at the bottom of the advanced search page). Or a combination of those.

Or Stuart suggests a google search - https://www.google.co.uk/?q=“appointee”+site:www.rightsnet.org.uk

Hope that helps a bit - but will pass this on for Shawn to have a look at on his return :)

Cheers
Daphne

Paul_Treloar_AgeUK
forum member

Send message

Thanks Daphne, I think I have found what I need for now, but would be good to get Shawn’s view about why we can’t seem to see all the results generated.

Cheers Paul

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Total Posts: 3776

Hi Paul -

Yes looks like the ‘page picker’ (that enables you to view results 31-60; 61-90 etc) has fallen off the bottom of the page ... apologies.

It’s our web developer’s turn for their hols now, so will be a couple of weeks until I can raise it ... but will let you now the outcome.

Cheers - Shawn

Paul_Treloar_AgeUK
forum member

Send message

Thanks Shawn, hope you had pleasant holidays.