to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Work capability issues and ESA  →  Thread

sda to esa migration and incorrect info on letters

stevenmcavoy
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Enable Scotland

Send message

Total Posts: 871

situation is client is single person, was on sda with is top up, sdp in place etc.  migrated to esa and into the support group.

award letter at start states conts based entitlement but last page with applicable amount etc doesn’t mention conts based part only income related in calc.

queried this with DWP and told thats what they do when entitled to both and told that if ever client had capital at £16k etc that would nil income related then conts based would still be paid.

Im less than convinced by this and intend to raise it at next stakeholder meeting but just wondering if anyone else has seen this?  has it caused any issues?

no material loss for my client (at the moment) but be plenty of cases there would be if my fears are correct.

Dan_Manville
forum member

Mental health & welfare rights service - Wolverhampton City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 2262

Wholly at odds with S6 of the WRA 2007 that attributes the personal rate to CESA and any excess payable by way of the applicable amount to iRESA; I can’t help but think that even now; 8 years into the scheme they still train the CESA and IRESA are two benefits that need to be claimed separately/

As we are in post fact democracy; we are in a post law bureaucracy…

edit; think yourself lucky that you got the premiums without a scrap. Round here they just migrate to CESA and hope nobody asks any questions.

[ Edited: 7 Jul 2016 at 10:07 am by Dan_Manville ]
stevenmcavoy
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Enable Scotland

Send message

Total Posts: 871

Dan Manville - 07 July 2016 10:03 AM

Wholly at odds with S6 of the WRA 2007 that attributes the personal rate to CESA and any excess payable by way of the applicable amount to iRESA; I can’t help but think that even now; 8 years into the scheme they still train the CESA and IRESA are two benefits that need to be claimed separately/

As we are in post fact democracy; we are in a post law bureaucracy…

edit; think yourself lucky that you got the premiums without a scrap. Round here they just migrate to CESA and hope nobody asks any questions.

oh we have had that one dan.  colleague had another case just yesterday.

only avoided in this case as she already had an income support top up.