to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Work capability issues and ESA  →  Thread

white paper now a green paper?

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Total Posts: 3778

Stephen Crabb told the Work and Pensions Committee yesterday that the expected White Paper will now be Green -

In Budget 2016, the govt announced -

Later this year, the government will publish a White Paper focusing on the roles that the health, care and welfare sectors can play in supporting disabled people and those with health conditions to get into and stay in work.

Whilst this had been pushed back until after the EU referendum on 23 June, yesterday ....

He said it was a personal priority to get more disabled people into employment. But he said this was a long-term reform and that a white paper, originally scheduled for the spring, would now be put on hold while he “pushed the reset button” and consulted charities and employers over the best way forward.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/may/11/universal-credit-is-working-welfare-secretary-insists

[ Edited: 12 May 2016 at 10:39 am by shawn mach ]
Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3548

New House of Commons Library briefing - http://researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ResearchBriefing/Summary/CBP-7649#fullreport - looks at changes to the work related activity component that will be introduced from April 2017 and also includes information on the mitigating support announced by the government. It suggests the green paper will now be published in the Autumn.

On a related note I am attending a DWP roundtable on the Work and Health Programme next Thursday which will be focussing on on the support for the long term unemployed and claimants that have barriers to employment including those that currently have early access to the Work Programme. If anyone has any burning issues that they would like me to raise on that or related issues then please post here or direct message me.