Search options

Where

Benefit

Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Disability benefits  →  Thread

Junior Doctor militancy spreading to Atos?

BC Welfare Rights
forum member

The Brunswick Centre, Kirklees & Calderdale

Send message

Total Posts: 1366

I have attended a couple of PIP consultations recently that were Planned Interventions, 12 months before end of the award. On both occasions the HCP was clearly a bit baffled as to why they had been asked to do these consultations and attempted to give explanations to the claimant that were somewhat off the mark:

“I don’t really know why you have been asked to come here today Mr X, perhaps someone else has looked at your original claim and thinks that you should have a higher award?”

They were even more baffled when I explained, after hollow laughter, what a Planned Intervention was and seemed genuinely perturbed at the treadmill of reassessment.

Anyway, there was another one recently that was done at the claimants home. We won a tribunal just a few days before, upping his original award. I wasn’t there for the home visit but client rang to say that HCP had arrived, made mention of the fact that client had just won a tribunal, said it was ridiculous that he was being assessed again and that he wasn’t going to do it, it was a waste of everyone’s time and he wasn’t going to be responsible for the client having to appeal again. Instead he said he was going to ring and say that client was too ill to complete the consultation and they should leave him alone!