Send message

Total Posts: 3135

Anyone got a copy of CTC/135/2013?

tony pickering
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Derbyshire County Council, High Peak

Send message

Total Posts: 108

Did you get a copy Nevip (is it Paul?)?  I need a copy now - anyone?

Tony

nevip
forum member

Welfare rights adviser - Sefton Council, Liverpool

Send message

Hi Tony.  Yes, it is Paul.  To answer your question, I didn’t get a copy.  I can’t even remember what the issue was now.  Care to remind me what that case was about?

tony pickering
forum member

Send message

Hello Paul - it’s about whether a child is normally living with someone - i.e. being a question of fact and not necessarily being determined by issues like parental responsibility - it’s referred to in Vol. IV of Sweet and Maxwell p. 525.  I can’t find it and I googled it and your post here came up - in fact it was all that came up!

I’ve got a case of a child who has been fostered by his aunt and is now beginning to live with his father while a 6 week parental assessment takes place with a view to him moving to his father indefinitely.  During this 6 weeks he will be with his father 5 nights a week and with his aunt 2 - she will continue to receive fostering payments during this period.  The question is whether Reg. 3 Rule 4 Case A of CTC Regs applies to preclude him from claiming.  Whether the child is now normally living with his father is one of the issues.

Tony

ClairemHodgson
forum member

Solicitor, SC Law, Harrow

Send message

Total Posts: 1221

nevip
forum member

Welfare rights adviser - Sefton Council, Liverpool

Send message

tony pickering - 02 August 2017 09:21 AM

Hello Paul - it’s about whether a child is normally living with someone - i.e. being a question of fact and not necessarily being determined by issues like parental responsibility - it’s referred to in Vol. IV of Sweet and Maxwell p. 525.  I can’t find it and I googled it and your post here came up - in fact it was all that came up!

I’ve got a case of a child who has been fostered by his aunt and is now beginning to live with his father while a 6 week parental assessment takes place with a view to him moving to his father indefinitely.  During this 6 weeks he will be with his father 5 nights a week and with his aunt 2 - she will continue to receive fostering payments during this period.  The question is whether Reg. 3 Rule 4 Case A of CTC Regs applies to preclude him from claiming.  Whether the child is now normally living with his father is one of the issues.

Tony

I remember now.  I used CTC/0611/2015

File Attachments

tony pickering
forum member

Send message

Thanks Claire and Paul

I’ve already got both those - I was looking for CTC/135/2013 as it is mentioned in S&M and I wanted to see whether it has anything different and helpful to say.