Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Work capability issues and ESA  →  Thread

LSE research into effect on claimants of mandatory reconsideration process

Ros
Administrator

editor, rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Total Posts: 1323

Hannah Chetwynd has asked us to post this -

‘Are any of your clients contesting a WCA decision and undergoing the Mandatory Reconsideration process? My name is Hannah and I am conducting some research into Work Capabilities Assessments and, more specifically, the detrimental effects that the Mandatory Reconsideration process is having on many people living in todays Britain.  I am interested in peoples experiences whilst they wait for their decision to be made. For example, if they were left without money how did they cope and any interaction they had at their Job Centre Plus. Additionally, the research will seek to assess any long term impact that the process had on individuals health and wellbeing. I would like to conduct two interviews with individuals 10 weeks apart about their experiences. If you know anyone who might be interested please ask them to get in touch with me (Hannah) .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address). Also, please don’t hesitate to contact me if you would like any more information on the project. ‘