to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Other benefit issues  →  Thread

cumulative impact of welfare reform

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Total Posts: 3777

whilst Lord Freud has said, in response to SSAC’s call for a cumulative impact assessment of welfare reform, that -

‘We agree that cumulative impact analysis can be useful in some cases ... [but] it is not possible to break down ... results to smaller sub-groups of the population accurately. In particular, the amount of information on families required to do this accurately would be prohibitive; and we do not consider that results can be reliably disaggregated for disabled people ...’

Government ‘unable’ to accept call for cumulative impact of welfare reform

.. the National Institute of Economic and Social Research seems to have managed it somehow ...

Impacts of tax and welfare reforms are more negative for families containing at least one disabled person

Paul_Treloar_CPAG
forum member

Advice and Rights Team, Child Poverty Action Group

Send message

Total Posts: 550

wow, if that’s not a case of great minds think alike, i’ll never know what is…..

although my mum would respond that fools rarely differ….

[ Edited: 31 Jul 2014 at 04:35 pm by Paul_Treloar_CPAG ]
shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Total Posts: 3777

yours is much better than mine ... http://www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/viewthread/6823

forum member

Deputy Manager, Reading Community Welfare Rights Unit

Send message

Total Posts: 1711

shawn - 31 July 2014 04:26 PM

whilst Lord Freud has said, in response to SSAC’s call for a cumulative impact assessment of welfare reform, that -

‘We agree that cumulative impact analysis can be useful in some cases ... [but] it is not possible to break down ... results to smaller sub-groups of the population accurately. In particular, the amount of information on families required to do this accurately would be prohibitive; and we do not consider that results can be reliably disaggregated for disabled people ...’

He clearly needs a cloud agility platform.

Andrew Dutton
forum member

Welfare rights service - Derbyshire County Council

Send message

Total Posts: 1963

Am I a bad person that my first thought about the ‘cloud agility platform’ is that hopefully it could be something he could be flung from?