Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Other benefit issues  →  Thread

wolverhampton postcodes

1 2 3 > 

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3548

Here is a list of every jobcentre/benefit centre’s mailing address at wolverhampton - one letter/number wrong in the postcode and the mail goes somewhere different so it is important to get it right!

http://docs.dwp.gov.uk/dwp-postal-addresses.pdf

Andrew Dutton
forum member

Welfare rights service - Derbyshire County Council

Send message

Total Posts: 1964

Many thanks, very useful.

The DWP buzzwords are also highly amusing.

For instance, what in Hades is an ‘Agility Platform’ and who on Earth thought that one up?

BC Welfare Rights
forum member

The Brunswick Centre, Kirklees & Calderdale

Send message

Total Posts: 1366

Andrew Dutton - 31 July 2014 01:37 PM

For instance, what in Hades is an ‘Agility Platform’ and who on Earth thought that one up?

Not sure about the DWP’s but CSC describes it thus:

“The CSC Agility Platform™ is a consolidated platform for hybrid cloud management, governance, and security across multiple heterogeneous public and private clouds.

Powerful cloud management capabilities…and fast results.

The CSC Agility Platform™ enables enterprises to adopt cloud-based IT operating models that increase business agility, speed application delivery, and lower costs. Agility Platform’s industry-leading policy-based cloud governance, security and lifecycle management capabilities accelerate the adoption of cloud services across the enterprise and deliver business critical applications safely into the cloud.

Components and capabilities of hybrid cloud agility platform

Agility Platform is a fully integrated offering with multiple product modules, cloud adapters, SDK, command line interface, and a robust API. The core platform includes hybrid cloud governance, security, and orchestration capabilities consumed by each product module, exposed via API and implemented via adapters for all cloud environments.”

Simple really.

nevip
forum member

Welfare rights adviser - Sefton Council, Liverpool

Send message

Total Posts: 3135

Billy Durrant - 31 July 2014 03:10 PM
Andrew Dutton - 31 July 2014 01:37 PM

Not sure about the DWP’s but CSC describes it thus:

“The CSC Agility Platform™ is a consolidated platform for hybrid cloud management, governance, and security across multiple heterogeneous public and private clouds.

Powerful cloud management capabilities…and fast results.

The CSC Agility Platform™ enables enterprises to adopt cloud-based IT operating models that increase business agility, speed application delivery, and lower costs. Agility Platform’s industry-leading policy-based cloud governance, security and lifecycle management capabilities accelerate the adoption of cloud services across the enterprise and deliver business critical applications safely into the cloud.

Components and capabilities of hybrid cloud agility platform

Agility Platform is a fully integrated offering with multiple product modules, cloud adapters, SDK, command line interface, and a robust API. The core platform includes hybrid cloud governance, security, and orchestration capabilities consumed by each product module, exposed via API and implemented via adapters for all cloud environments.”

Simple really.

That’s just pure gobbledygook.

forum member

Deputy Manager, Reading Community Welfare Rights Unit

Send message

Total Posts: 1711

Clearly the Golgafrincians are still alive & well…

Next time I ring the contact centre I shall ask for my enquiry to be elevated to the hybrid cloud agility platform and see what happens.

nevip
forum member

Send message

I’ve just entered the DWP passage into the Plan English Campaign’s online drivel defence analyzer.  There are six sentences in the piece ending with a full stop.  Five of them came back as drivel.

Andrew Dutton
forum member

Send message

I did not know of Drivel Defence.  Now I do. Thank you!!!!

forum member

Send message

Oddly enough, we’ve just been emailed a letter from the DWP about this very subject. I can’t resist sharing some of it with you:

‘Dear Partner,

DWP is receiving a significant amount of incorrectly addressed post from our partner organisations on a daily basis. This can impact upon the benefit payments made to claimants and the service that we provide both to you and to those you represent.

As you may know, the DWP is modernising its approach to mail opening. On 19th August 2013 DWP launched the Agility Platform, part of the Mail Opening Scanning & Indexing Solution (MOSAIC) project, which probides the Department with a single servoice for post opening, scanning and indexing of mail across the DWP.

Previously there were 29 Mail Opening Units (MOUs) throughout the country. These have been streamlined into two new MOUs at Kidderminster and Telford, and post for most DWP offices is now being managed at these two new mail opening units.

Mail sent to the 29 old MOUs was originally being diverted to the new MOU address by the Royal Mail Group: the diversions have either been removed or are in the process of being removed. When the diversions are removed any mail incorectly addressed will be suject to delays and eventually returned to sender. In some instances your correspondence may have a bearing on benefit payments. It is important to the DWP and our customers that benefts are paid accurately and promptly, therefore the correct postal address must be used with immediate effect.

All external partners should ensure that they are using the new Business Reply Envelopes. These can be obtained via the business as usual route way. Thank you for your continued help and support.’

Anyway, thought you would like to know.

[ Edited: 1 Aug 2014 at 01:01 pm by 1964 ]
Peter Turville
forum member

Welfare rights worker - Oxford Community Work Agency

Send message

Total Posts: 1659

So DWP will be helping us to get it right by providing the correct postcode for a reply in the first place then? Example - a letter to us dated 24.7.14 from:

Coatbridge FIS
Appeals
Post Handling
Site:A
Wolverhampton

Ahh….. but Coatbridge FIS (unlike Coatbridge Benefit Centre) is not in the “New Postal Address List” so apparently we should go on using their current address - as advised by DWP in the covering note to the new list.

But as the current address, as advised on the letter, is Wolverhampton (without a postcode) how will that ensure it is not delayed in arriving at Coatbridge? I note that their old address (letter dated 21/5/14) was actually in Coatbridge with a local postcode!

Ahhh - but silly me - Coatbridge FIS is an appeals section and advisers are no longer allowed by DWP to have anything as helpful as direct contact with the relevant sections actually dealing with a case - what better way to ensure we don’t have that contact than to give an incomplete address that almost guarantees that any correspondance will be lost or delayed!

Well done DWP!

If I were a conspiracy theorist .......

forum member

Send message

Wonderful isn’t it?

I was tickled to notice that the previous address for Reading Jobcentre is quoted as a Swindon address (first we knew of it). The current address is (of course) Wolverhampton. We can practically touch the building from here but hey, when has that ever been a consideration?

One of the things I particularly liked about the letter we received is the reference to the ‘business as usual route way’. Ideas anyone?

Andrew Dutton
forum member

Send message

Open office for specific purpose. Instal door. Instal within door a flap called a ‘letter box’.
When items called ‘post’ are put through by ‘postie’, open them and deal with them within relevant office.

Or - send items of post round and round the country, losing them progressively. Reorganise frequently so this happens continually. Give the process stupid, pompous, complex names. Blame someone else for items going missing.

The latter is ‘business as usual’ DWP stylee.

forum member

Send message

Andrew Dutton - 01 August 2014 02:43 PM

Open office for specific purpose. Instal door. Instal within door a flap called a ‘letter box’.
When items called ‘post’ are put through by ‘postie’, open them and deal with them within relevant office.

Or - send items of post round and round the country, losing them progressively. Reorganise frequently so this happens continually. Give the process stupid, pompous, complex names. Blame someone else for items going missing.

Couldn’t have put it better!

On the subject of letter boxes, our local JC doesn’t appear to have one. I once tried to hand-post a letter to them but despite walking around the building several times I was unable to locate anything resembling such a thing.

Peter Turville
forum member

Welfare rights worker - Oxford Community Work Agency

Send message

Total Posts: 1659

Andrew Dutton - 01 August 2014 02:43 PM

Or as put by DWP itself - to quote from the ‘new postal addresses list’ covering info:

“Universal Credit, Persoanl Independence Payment and Pension Service, amongst others, are already benefiting from the new service and other DWP business areas will transfer.”

They are benefiting by so much post getting ‘lost’ that they have so little to deal with which conclusively demonstrates how good their service is and how satisfied claimants and their adviser are with it. I expect they will soon be claiming they provide ‘a world class public service’ (pass the sick bucket).

nevip
forum member

Send message

They seemed to have lost millions of ‘thank you for sanctioning me’ cards (see another thread) but they can’t admit that can they.  Hey ho!

Steve_h
forum member

Welfare Rights- AIW Health

Send message

Total Posts: 193

I heard that they scan post at Wolverhampton and then send it electronically to the processing office. However the software at Birkenhead benefit centre is not compatible (just a rumour though)

BC Welfare Rights
forum member

The Brunswick Centre, Kirklees & Calderdale

Send message

Total Posts: 1366

I am also a bit puddled by this section in the attached letter from the DWP above:

“In order to provide this service, 29 Mail Opening Units (MOUs) are now streamlined into two new ones in Kidderminster and Telford. Post for most DWP offices is now managed within the two units.”

So if the post is managed in Kidderminster and Telford, why is it sent to Wolverhampton? Why not to, er, Kidderminster or Telford?