to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Work capability issues and ESA  →  Thread

WCA delays

forum member

Deputy Manager, Reading Community Welfare Rights Unit

Send message

Total Posts: 1711

ATOS really are priceless aren’t they?

SG supersession was requested in January and DWP referred case to ATOS for further WCA. Recently involved client’s MP re the delay. Now been copied on response from ATOS which contains the following ‘apology’:

’ I apologise for the delay in dealing with xxxx case. We are handling a high volume of ESA referrals from the DWP and working hard to provide the DWP with a consistenly high standard of advice for each claimand. This has unfortunately resulted in delays in both reviewing cases and arranging appointments for assessments..’

I just love the ‘consistently high standard of advice’ bit (and the fact that I have received an identical response from them in the last three MP referrals I have made. It’s so obviously a cut & paste template).

Edmund Shepherd
forum member

Tenancy Income, Royal Borough of Greenwich, London

Send message

Total Posts: 508

Ditto. Furthermore, I have written to DWP to request an instruction to Atos to request a WCA to be expedited and the response said two things: 1) No, too busy and 2) tell the DWP. Of course, I had already told them, which implies that this is indeed a stock response.

Atos is clearly busy, as is DWP. I hope it’s temporary.

forum member

Deputy Manager, Reading Community Welfare Rights Unit

Send message

Total Posts: 1711

There’s a local camping/outdoor equipment shop that has the slogan ‘Busy since 1830’. Presumably the same applies to the DWP & ATOS.