Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Disability benefits  →  Thread

Can’t claim PIP after 65?

LF
forum member

New Gorbals Housing Association

Send message

Total Posts: 59

won an appeal for standard mob period 21/8/14 to 24/3/17
advised he can’t reclaim PIP as under 65 on 8/4/13 but over 65 when contacted to claim PIP and were not entitled to DLA or PIP in the 12 mths before contacted to claim PIP

he was under 65 until Sept 2016
new claim for PIP made 21/8/14 and appeal took until 7/15 to be heard, he was never on DLA before

I don’t follow their logic is he not entitled to reclaim PIP but obvioulsy wont qualify for enhanced mob?

They’ve said he needs to claim AA

thanks

Linda

Paul_Treloar_AgeUK
forum member

Information and advice resources - Age UK

Send message

Total Posts: 3211

Sounds exactly like PIP renewal for over 65’s from yesterday.

If your client has been to appeal and they have decided he is entitled for the period in question, provided he satisfies the other conditions of entitlement, then he can carry on being paid PIP post-65 years.

Paul_Treloar_AgeUK
forum member

Information and advice resources - Age UK

Send message

Total Posts: 3211

If you get the list of escalation points from Daphne, there’s a number for the PIP Service Centre contact who should be made aware of this completely incorrect advice being given out.

LF
forum member

New Gorbals Housing Association

Send message

Total Posts: 59

thanks Paul I’ve got a note of them

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3546

I contacted the operational stakeholder’s group about this and have just received a reply -

Thank you for raising this issue and bringing it to our attention.
The circumstances you have described should not be happening and we do take this issue very seriously.
If you could send through details of the claims made to Attendance Allowance that you think should have benefited from PIP linking rules we can look at these individual claims in more detail.

We have asked colleagues in the Operational Excellence Division to issue a bulletin to staff highlighting the guidance in this area.

If anyone does have any cases which have not been resolved do direct message/email me with details and I will forward them on along with your details to hopefully get it sorted.

[ Edited: 8 Aug 2017 at 03:29 pm by Daphne ]