to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Housing costs  →  Thread

Annual rent increases for RSL customers on full service

Martin
forum member

Homegroup

Send message

Total Posts: 32

Does anyone know if the process will be on any different for full service UC customers.

seand
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Wheatley Homes

Send message

Total Posts: 301

From an email from a DWP contact, who deals with a full service area (East Lothian):

“UC full service has no facility to process schedules of rent changes for their claimants.  If the UC claim is administered by full service, claimants will receive a notification (a “To–do”) and asked to report any changes online.  If there is no response, a reminder To-do will be issued.

We will also be doing some work locally in the Jobcentre. This will include reminding claimants about the rent increase and the need to report the change and where they cannot do this confidently we will show/support them in making the change.   

Martin
forum member

Homegroup

Send message

Total Posts: 32

Do you think they will just except what every rent figure the tenant puts on their journal?
Someone suggested yesterday that they might send RLS and rent verification email, has they do now for new claimants on full service UC

Alice SF
forum member

Welfare Benefit & Debt Advisor, Hounslow Foodbank Project, Staying First London

Send message

Total Posts: 43

We are funded to provide benefit and debt advice to a variety of HA tenants and so we are contacting them to see if they have any plans in place to deal with this as I can forsee a significant number of tenants being unaware that this time they will need to notify.  The sheer volume I come across who barely log in and check their journals will I assume be unaware that any reminder has been sent out until too late.

Has anyone else have a conversation with local RSLs?

Ali P
forum member

Tenancy sustainment - Hillcrest Homes

Send message

Total Posts: 46

Hi

I was wondering if any on our full service UC colleagues had an update on this.

We are trying to plan for next years annual rent increase but we only went full service on the 8th Nov. We have been advised that the DWP will verify rent through the RSL for a new claim and reading the script that the DWP follow they are meant to verify the rent for a change in circumstances.

However I am wondering if this actually happened for the annual rent increase cases ?

thanks AliP