Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Work capability issues and ESA  →  Thread

Transitional support from IB to ESA

Chazzywazz
forum member

Caseworker for Anna Turley MP

Send message

Total Posts: 9

Hi there,

can anyone advise me of the support available for those who are vulnerable or suffer with mental health problems during the transition from IB to ESA - not necessary financial support.

Clt who was in receipt of IB who did not need to notify IB of additional earnings/pension forgot to update the department once he moved onto ESA.

stevenmcavoy
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Enable Scotland

Send message

Total Posts: 871

Chazzywazz - 15 December 2016 02:53 PM

Hi there,

can anyone advise me of the support available for those who are vulnerable or suffer with mental health problems during the transition from IB to ESA - not necessary financial support.

Clt who was in receipt of IB who did not need to notify IB of additional earnings/pension forgot to update the department once he moved onto ESA.

were they on ib and is or ib only? if ib only (and pension wasnt of the level to affect ib) and they moved to esa did they forget to declare the pension for the income related part and got paid it?

that would be an unusual situation for me as im mostly finding the dwp not picking up on potential income related top ups for these clients.

as for support…..none as far as im aware of.  most of my guys just get/got an esa50.