ESA for an EEA couple, one working, one not

< 1 2

ClairemHodgson
forum member

Solicitor, SC Law, Harrow

Send message

Total Posts: 1221

Zuzana - 21 October 2016 02:15 PM

Yeah I did manage to persuade them to get the CPAG welfare benefits handbook a year ago, but they will not pay for any more now. I also have the handbook for migrants.

With all the funding cuts, we are not allowed to purchase anything anymore so I have to ask on here.
:(

good lord.

agree with what everyone else has said on this.

Sue123
forum member

EEA Family Support, Children's Centre Calderdale

Send message

Total Posts: 135

shawn - 21 October 2016 07:25 PM

Keep on keeping on Zuzana ... I can only echo Paul and 1964’s messages ... we love that you found rightsnet and are asking questions here.

We also love the CPAG handbook, and hopefully, armed with that and the support you can get here, you’ll continue to do great stuff.

(Hope you’re already having a great weekend and don’t see this until Monday!!)

Cheers - Shawn

Thanks everyone. I just realised I never commented on this thread again.
I am pretty good at researching so can research a lot of useful info and with your help, I feel like I am doing OK.  I don’t deal with really complicated issues as for that I send clients to CAB. I usually deal with Czech Slovak or Polish nationals only and I have quite a good knowledge on their entitlement but sometimes there are times I’m not sure and need to ask.

Hope this is OK.

Ruth Knox
forum member

Vauxhall Law Centre

Send message

Total Posts: 559

It’s impossible to do your job without the basic tools.  I would say that the minimum are the Disability Rights Handbook, the CPAG and,as you are dealing with EEA families,  the CPAG guide to benefits for migrants.  And each needs to be current as there are so many changes. it’s like an office operating without a computer or a desk.  Ruth