to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Work capability issues and ESA  →  Thread

RTI accuracy.

Dan_Manville
forum member

Mental health & welfare rights service - Wolverhampton City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 2262

Well being as it’s an ESA appeal that’s yielded my first bundle of RTI information I shall leave this here.

How reliable is RTI information?

I’ve got a case where week 52 of the print out conveniently stacks the entire year’s earnings onto the last tax week; either the client got a pay out that matched -to the penny- all the money he’d earned for the rest of that year or there’s been a mistake…

Peter Turville
forum member

Welfare rights worker - Oxford Community Work Agency

Send message

Total Posts: 1659

I have had a HB overpayment case recently where the RTI info was wrong. It had recorded successive employers as being concurent / overlaping or attributed to the wrong tax year!

Dan_Manville
forum member

Mental health & welfare rights service - Wolverhampton City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 2262

Thank you Peter. Much as I suspected.

Any more for any more?

forum member

Deputy Manager, Reading Community Welfare Rights Unit

Send message

Total Posts: 1711

I’ve had the successive employers being concurrent one too.

Plus, of course, the RTI info is only as accurate as whoever imput the data at the employer end.

Benny Fitzpatrick
forum member

Welfare Rights Officer, Southway Housing Trust, Manchester

Send message

Total Posts: 628

I too have seen the multiple employers listed concurrently. More interestingly, I had a case about 12 months ago where the client’s identity had been stolen, resulting in a 55 year old woman (client) being told she had been working in a stone quarry for the last 2 years! HMRC and the LA insisted their information MUST be correct as RTI “doesn’t get it wrong”, only to back down ignominiously when presented with evidence from the police re the identity fraud.