Search options

Where

Benefit

Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Work capability issues and ESA  →  Thread

permitted work client has reached 52 week limit.  whats the easiest way to get it classed as supported?

stevenmcavoy
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Enable Scotland

Send message

Total Posts: 871

situation is client with a learning disability doing permitted work with support from learning disability specific supported employment service (not ours an external one).

they have reached 52 week limit but seems pretty clear to me this is a case that can be considered as supported.

just wanting to see if anyone has done this in practice to get an idea of the quickest route to getting it accepted as supported as time is tight.  local jcp?  local bdc?  likely to need to escalate?

any practical experiences welcome.

Dan_Manville
forum member

Mental health & welfare rights service - Wolverhampton City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 2262

Wasn’t it supported all along; didn’t JCP know? Also; sucking eggs I know, but I trust your client is in the WRAG; otherwise you needn’t worry about it.

stevenmcavoy
forum member

Send message

Dan Manville - 26 August 2016 12:19 PM

Wasn’t it supported all along; didn’t JCP know? Also; sucking eggs I know, but I trust your client is in the WRAG; otherwise you needn’t worry about it.

yes and yes. they just havent recorded it as being supported.

i also seen they intend/intended to cut the 52 week time limit in any case but it doesnt look like thats happened yet going by the regs.

Mick Quinn
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Northumberland County Council

Send message

Total Posts: 161

Can you get PW 1 form completed and sent to local JC+ with urgent request. Has worked in the past for me.
http://www.pkc.gov.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=23634

stevenmcavoy
forum member

Send message

Mick Quinn - 26 August 2016 02:29 PM

Can you get PW 1 form completed and sent to local JC+ with urgent request. Has worked in the past for me.
http://www.pkc.gov.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=23634

cheers.