to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Disability benefits  →  Thread

90 days extension for returning PIP forms

BC Welfare Rights
forum member

The Brunswick Centre, Kirklees & Calderdale

Send message

Total Posts: 1366

Has this now ended? I can’t find any info to say that it has but a client rang to check yesterday and was told that the deadline printed on the form was the actual deadline for returning it. She only got a 14 days extension on asking. It was an AR1 rather than a PIP2.

Dan Manville
forum member

Greater Manchester Law Centre

Send message

Total Posts: 458

I haven’t seen aything to confirm but I’m working on the presumption that it has as a load of UC50s and AR1s were received the week before last. Sounds to me like they easements are no more.

I got deluged with form fill requests that week; phone hardly stopped ringing!

Ianb
forum member

Macmillan benefits team, Citizens Advice Bristol

Send message

Total Posts: 958

I spoke to a PIP call handler today and they confirmed it is back to a month plus 2 weeks on request.

Obviously that’s because everything is now back to normal! This despite the government websites still being full of notes about things taking longer at the moment due to COVID. Client rang Future Pension service today to request a pension forecast and was told they are not taking requests over the phone and requests have to be made online or by downloading the request form and posting it in (client has no access to computer or printer). One rule for them, one for us.

Quite troubling with the extra delays causing by clients having to post things to us, which they never get around to immediately, before we can post them on to DWP

[ Edited: 1 Sep 2020 at 04:52 pm by Ianb ]
wbamic
forum member

Mind in Croydon

Send message

Total Posts: 53

Dan Manville - 01 September 2020 02:54 PM

I haven’t seen aything to confirm but I’m working on the presumption that it has as a load of UC50s and AR1s were received the week before last. Sounds to me like they easements are no more.

I got deluged with form fill requests that week; phone hardly stopped ringing!

The deluge seems to have continued.  So far today we have had ten people contact asking for help with PIP2 forms.  Typically we would get 1 or 2 people a day asking for such help.  It’s going to be a long few months ahead!

BC Welfare Rights
forum member

The Brunswick Centre, Kirklees & Calderdale

Send message

Total Posts: 1366

Impeccable timing just as it looks like we are all going into some sort of mini-lockdown again…

Dan Manville
forum member

Greater Manchester Law Centre

Send message

Total Posts: 458

BC Welfare Rights - 22 September 2020 03:53 PM

Impeccable timing just as it looks like we are all going into some sort of mini-lockdown again…

Bring it on as far as I’m concerned. We’ve just trained up loads of our front of house to do form fills; I need the traffic for the knowledge to bed in.

CaroleL
forum member

Pembrokeshire Citizens Advice. Community Advice Team. Senior Caseworker

Send message

Total Posts: 7

I use implicit consent to gain a 2 week extension and if that is not sufficient request a further 2 weeks at a later date.
Although the call handler themselves can grant the initial 2 week extension if you ask for a further extension they have to refer to a case manager.  But I’ve never been refused the further 2 weeks.