× Search rightsnet
Search options

Where

Benefit

Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Access to justice and advice sector issues  →  Thread

It’s Amber Rudd

Gareth Morgan
forum member

CEO, Ferret, Cardiff

Send message

Total Posts: 2002

New SoS DWP

Atif Kaudri
forum member

Maggie's Centre, Oxford

Send message

Total Posts: 12

That is right. Just heard.

Peter Turville
forum member

Welfare rights worker - Oxford Community Work Agency

Send message

Total Posts: 1659

Who won the sweepstake?

Bets are now on for how long it will be before she refutes https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/welfare-rights/news/item/fact-that-almost-one-in-two-children-lives-in-poverty-in-uk-is-not-just-a-d
and denies problems with UC
and how long she will remain in post!

[ Edited: 16 Nov 2018 at 04:15 pm by Peter Turville ]
Atif Kaudri
forum member

Maggie's Centre, Oxford

Send message

Total Posts: 12

Peter as the UN report states

“The Government has remained determinedly in a state of denial. Even while devolved authorities in Scotland and Northern Ireland are frantically trying to devise ways to ‘mitigate’, or in other words counteract, at least the worst features of the Government’s benefits policy, Ministers insisted to me that all is well and running according to plan”.

I would be surprised if she says anything else!

Andrew Dutton
forum member

Welfare rights service - Derbyshire County Council

Send message

Total Posts: 1963

‘Universal Credit is a transformative benefit which is changing the lives of thousands of people by creating more jobs than have ever been seen in the history of the universe and anyone who can’t work gets far more than on those nasty old legacy benefits so poo, the old benefits system trapped people in to welfare by encouraging them to work for 30 hours a week or more, they’re much better on multiple zero-hours contracts and the days of a job for life are over pal,  and besides the report is out of date and they talked to the wrong people and anyway nyer nyah, satisfaction with UC services from claimants is at 10000000%,  did you know we get thank-you cards from people who can’t afford to eat, and in a major improvement, most Work Coaches now have super-powers, insert further stats here, get Rory Stewart on it,  I’m in listening mode, panic mode setting in, CTRL ALT DELETE ARRRRG….’

I stole the script…....

Ros
Administrator

editor, rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Total Posts: 1323

Here’s Amber Rudd’s voting record on welfare and benefits -

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/24795/amber_rudd/hastings_and_rye/votes#welfare

[ Edited: 16 Nov 2018 at 05:06 pm by Ros ]