to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit administration  →  Thread

Mixed age couples

judithd
forum member

Derby Advice, Derby Homes

Send message

Total Posts: 51

Hi - does anyone know if the proposal that mixed age couples (one person in the couple is over pension credit age and one is under pc age) had to stay on UC until the youngest person turned pension credit age has come in or not?  Going round in circles!

Andrew Dutton
forum member

Welfare rights service - Derbyshire County Council

Send message

Total Posts: 1955

i understand it will not be brought in until the full service roll-out is at an end (so late 2018 or later)

Paul_Treloar_AgeUK
forum member

Information and advice resources - Age UK

Send message

Total Posts: 3196

Yes, we’ve been told that it won’t be until the UC full digital service has been rolled out to every Jobcentre Plus district, which is estimated to be September 2018 currently.

I have to say, following a similar enquiry from a local I&A adviser, I don’t think the information in either the CPAG or Disability Rights Handbooks is particularly clear on this issue and could be improved by flagging it up for advisers.

judithd
forum member

Derby Advice, Derby Homes

Send message

Total Posts: 51

Thank you both, very helpful.

Jon Blackwell
forum member

Programmer - Lisson Grove Benefits Program, Brighton

Send message

Total Posts: 501

Paul_Treloar_AgeUK - 16 October 2017 03:14 PM

I have to say, following a similar enquiry from a local I&A adviser, I don’t think the information in either the CPAG or Disability Rights Handbooks is particularly clear on this issue and could be improved by flagging it up for advisers.

To be fair, as far as I know, DWP have never made an unambiguous statement of when they expect this change to come in.  As you say, end of UCFS rollout (so no earlier than Sep 2018) is the most likely date based on what they’ve said.  It will definitely require a further commencement order before it takes effect.