Search options

Where

Benefit

Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit administration  →  Thread

Your chance to vent your frustrations about UC…

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3537

The Work and Pensions Committee is relaunching its inquiry into universal credit following ‘compelling evidence’ of the problems that people are experiencing.

NAWRA is planning to submit a response and would like you to take a little time to put your experiences in the survey below. You may well be responding yourself, or on behalf of your organisation, but if you have chance please do take the time to complete the survey. If you’re limited for time this can be a great way to get your concerns voiced!

Case studies are really important for this one as they need anecdotal evidence of what is happening on the ground so do include those - and if possible say the rough geographical area you client is in,  and whether you are live or full service.

Please respond by Monday 6th March.

ClairemHodgson
forum member

Solicitor, SC Law, Harrow

Send message

Total Posts: 1221

Daphne - 23 February 2017 03:36 PM

Case studies are really important for this one as they need anecdotal evidence of what is happening on the ground so do include those - and if possible say the rough geographical area you client is in,  and whether you are live or full service.

Please respond by Monday 6th March.

The trouble with anecdotal evidence is that it can’t be stood up if its just an anecdote.  the DWP have done a good job so far in saying that anecdotes are not evidence and so not accepting anything so stated and continuing on their own merry way.

the best examples are those than can be evidenced by case reports of course, but absent that, it would be better if something could be given that would make it clear that it is in fact a real case that can be stood up with documents etc (redacted to remove personal identifiers as required).

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3537

Sorry my mistake - I obviously wasn’t clear - I meant real cases which could be backed up if called upon though obviously personal details can’t go into our evidence - I will make it clear in our response that they are genuine cases that can be backed up.

Generally when I’m dealing with DWP via stakeholders they won’t take personal details but just examples of what’s happening. We have had some results that way eg the new gov.uk pages on new-style JSA and ESA, though of course it’s a very slow process bringing about change

SarahJBatty
forum member

Money Adviser, Thirteen, Middlesbrough

Send message

Total Posts: 345

Thanks Daphne, I’m hoping to contribute to a landlord response but will certainly feed into this as well 😊

Ros White
forum member

Advice and Rights team, CPAG, London

Send message

Total Posts: 81

Here’s CPAG’s response to the Work and Pensions Committee consultation -

http://www.cpag.org.uk/content/work-and-pensions-select-committee-inquiry-universal-credit-cpags-response

Rehousing Advice.
forum member

Homeless Unit - Southampton City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 637

Thanks Ros

Its good to see that the technology has finally moved on…..

In the old days the application got lost in the post….....

Now its getting lost in the Cloud…...

Bravo.

Alice SF
forum member

Welfare Benefit & Debt Advisor, Hounslow Foodbank Project, Staying First London

Send message

Total Posts: 43

Thanks Ros, that’s brilliant.