Search options

Where

Benefit

Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Work capability issues and ESA  →  Thread

ESA papers include records of Jobcentre Plus conversations…

ROBBO
forum member

Welfare rights team - Stockport Advice

Send message

Total Posts: 334

I hadn’t encountered this before, so flagging it up for information and any thoughts.

Normal ESA papers, except instead of just saying the old spiel about claims for Jobseeker’s not affecting the outcome of the appeal (or whatever it used to be), they’ve gone to the trouble to include a number of records from Jobcentreplus conversations in connection with the JSA claim following the decision about failed WCA.

These are written flagging up all the positive things going on in the world of jobsearch, as I guess you might expect.  I haven’t discussed them with the appellant just yet, so I don’t know if there are issues about the way they have been recorded.  It’s clear that not all conversations have been included, which seems to me the very least requirement of producing this kind of evidence.

TJL
forum member

Derby advice - Derby Homes

Send message

Total Posts: 251

On a slightly different tack I recently   had   occasion to call DWP(re re ESA) who then decided that I was from JC+ until advised   otherwise.  Theywent t hrough the security qs and it was   only when I asked about scanningdocs did they twigg I was   not from JC+