to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit administration  →  Thread

Po boxes

Dan_Manville
forum member

Mental health & welfare rights service - Wolverhampton City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 2262

More issues… People might remember that I offer advice to an itinerant population. Lots of them have PO boxes and I’ve just stumbled across a postcode that doesn’t work on the LITRG postcode checker. Can anyone advise whether EC1 is likely to be caught by full service yet? Ta.

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Total Posts: 3776

hi dan ..

do you mean it doesn’t work on http://universalcreditinfo.net .... in that you get an error message or ...?

are you able to give the full post code? (email me if not appropriate to post here) 

have had a quick look and don’t think EC1 is covered yet ...

... see also http://revenuebenefits.org.uk/universal-credit/guidance/who-can-claim-universal-credit/digital-full-service/

cheers - shawn

Jon Blackwell
forum member

Programmer - Lisson Grove Benefits Program, Brighton

Send message

Total Posts: 501

Shaun’s right - none of the EC1* districts have gone to full service.

In terms of the regs, full or live UC depends on your postcode sector or district of residence but does a PO Box address actually establish that?

UC Service help…

“If you can’t find your postcode on a letter or other document, try entering your address into a search engine website.

If you’re homeless and living in temporary accommodation (for example, a long term hostel), use that address. You can also use the address of your local jobcentre.”

.. and afterwards just uses your postcode. But JCP local office search just asks for your postcode with no further guidance. (ADM M5 sheds no light on this.)

Dan_Manville
forum member

Mental health & welfare rights service - Wolverhampton City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 2262

“If that is a postcode we don’t recognise it” is the message on UniversalCredit.info.

Thanks both

Just in case the person I was speaking to spots this; claim Housing Benefit!

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Dan Manville - 19 January 2017 10:24 AM

“If that is a postcode we don’t recognise it” is the message on UniversalCredit.info

hi dan .... our postcode set is pretty reliable ... can you email it to me and i’ll do some checking just to be sure

cheers - shawn

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Quick update: Dan and I have caught up off-site and it does appear that the postcode doesn’t exist

NB - this is a good site to double check postcode stuff: https://www.doogal.co.uk

Jon Blackwell
forum member

Programmer - Lisson Grove Benefits Program, Brighton

Send message

Total Posts: 501

shawn - 24 January 2017 11:40 AM

Quick update: Dan and I have caught up off-site and it does appear that the postcode doesn’t exist

Just going back to my earlier question - can a PO Box (which could be anywhere) establish postcode of residence for UC purposes?