Search options

Where

Benefit

Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Income support, JSA and tax credits  →  Thread

DWP/HMRC data-feed broken for 3 Years - at least 28,000 families missed out on CTC Disabled Child Elements…

< 1 2

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3537

Response to a written question in the House of Commons yesterday -

It is the claimants’ responsibility to inform HMRC of their eligibility to the higher element of CTC. To help claimants claim the right amount, HMRC’s backup practice is to take information from Department for Work and Pensions to automatically update tax credit awards. However, for the period in question, this information sharing process proved unreliable. Although legally HMRC are only required to backdate claims for 31 days on receipt of a notification or claim, at the Autumn Statement, the Government announced that HMRC would make corrections for this year for the customers it has identified who have not claimed. Customers will receive a lump sum payment to reflect entitlement since 6 April 2016, and an on-going higher award.

http://www.parliament.uk/business/publications/written-questions-answers-statements/written-question/Lords/2016-11-29/HL3636

Daphne
Administrator

Send message

just on how the system works in UC the response I have just got is -

On the child with DLA questions, we ask in the gather if the child gets any DLA/PIP etc. Also applies if a child is blind. We then verify that via CIS (which is where the info about DLA is stored). It’s a manual check at the moment, though the service prompts the agent to do it.

nickgosh
forum member

GOSH CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 13

dereksi
forum member

Welfare rights worker - Contact a Family, Glasgow

Send message

Total Posts: 47

Daphne - 15 December 2016 09:55 AM

just on how the system works in UC the response I have just got is -

On the child with DLA questions, we ask in the gather if the child gets any DLA/PIP etc. Also applies if a child is blind. We then verify that via CIS (which is where the info about DLA is stored). It’s a manual check at the moment, though the service prompts the agent to do it.

Daphne - is this referring to the process when a UC claim is initially made, rather than when an existing UC claimant starts to receive DLA for their child for the first time?

Derek

Daphne
Administrator

Send message

My understanding is that is for a new claim - I think they would say the claimant needs to notify them mid-claim but I can check…

Daphne
Administrator

Send message

DWP reply - The UC system would not pick this up automatically. Claimants would have to notify us through their journal or by calling the Service Centre. - probably what we expected…