to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Work capability issues and ESA  →  Thread

ESA Support group for people registered blind

Anne Higgins
forum member

Welfare rights officer - North Lanarkshire Council

Send message

Total Posts: 42

I have an appeal coming up and client is in WRAG but trying to get into Support group, any advice?

stevenmcavoy
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Enable Scotland

Send message

Total Posts: 871

gets a lot easier if its arguable being unable to see is a “cognitive impairment”.  my first thought is thats getting at the thinking process so more related to learning disability/autism/mental health but is your cognition impaired by being unable to see?

thats maybe a straw clutcher.

I think RNIB still have wro’s up in falkirk so they might have some practical experience.

outside of that its probably 35 arguments.

Andyp5 Citizens Advice Bridport & District
forum member

Citizens Advice Bridport & District

Send message

Total Posts: 1011

May be worth exploring Activity 7 i.e. Support descriptor (Schedule 3 LCWRA activities) - Appendix 5 CPAG and WCAINFO.

Mike Hughes
forum member

Senior welfare rights officer - Salford City Council Welfare Rights Service

Send message

Total Posts: 3138

5, 6, 7, 9 and 10 need to be considered at minimum. The registration itself is potentially neither here nor there. It tells you nothing about the VI. You can be registered if it is considered it would be of benefit to you. The stuff around VA and field is effectively guidance.

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Total Posts: 3776

Andyp5 Citizens Advice Bridport & District - 09 January 2017 01:57 PM

May be worth exploring Activity 7 i.e. Support descriptor (Schedule 3 LCWRA activities) - Appendix 5 CPAG and WCAINFO.

Here’s the link to the wcainfo page for Activity 7: http://wcainfo.net/activities/understand-communication-lcwra

(Other activities are available via the ‘Activities’ button at the top of the page)