× Search rightsnet
Search options

Where

Benefit

Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Access to justice and advice sector issues  →  Thread

Benefit Calculators for Advisers

Nicola Kimber
forum member

WBO - Swan Housing, Essex

Send message

Total Posts: 8

Hi

Currently I use the Lisson Grove QBC to do my calculations and am very happy with this.  But our Association are introducing Android tablets for us to use and the QBC is not compatible with this system.  Does anyone know if there is a similar progarm to the Lisson Grove QBC which will work with an Android tablet?

Elliot Kent
forum member

Shelter

Send message

Total Posts: 3117

Not the best person to ask but I tried Turn2Us on my tablet at home and it seemed to work okay. It’s browser based so should work just about anywhere.

http://benefits-calculator.turn2us.org.uk/AboutYou

Nicola Kimber
forum member

Send message

Thank you for replying, have used this program but it takes a little time to go through all the questions, the benefit of the QBC program is that it assumes you know the benefit rules and simply does the calculation for you, very quick and very essential when trying to give the correct advice
Happy New Year

stevenmcavoy
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Enable Scotland

Send message

Total Posts: 869

can QBC not make their programme work with android?  would think its something that have already considered as a likely source of business.

pretty sure the guy that does the programme posts here but i would give them a call and ask if you havent already.

Sally63
forum member

Generalist Adviser, Southwark Citizens Advice Bureau

Send message

Total Posts: 177

I find Turn2Us interminable. Entitledto is quicker. Not as quick as QBC but a better alternative than Turn2Us IMO

Nicola Kimber
forum member

Send message

thank you - will give it a try

SanC
forum member

Heart of Kent Hospice

Send message

Total Posts: 6

I use Peter Cox Quick Calc - which assumes you know benefit rules - is quick & works on android.  Includes a free trial period, so nothing to lose!
http://www.quickcalc.co.uk/index.htm