Issues with lost IS10 forms

< 1 2

BC Welfare Rights
forum member

The Brunswick Centre, Kirklees & Calderdale

Send message

Total Posts: 1366

Dan Manville - 30 March 2015 04:36 PM

I am seriously considering the prospect of issuing money claims in respect of dubious administration… Bailiffs at the doors of Caxton house would doubtless scare free that big pile of IS10s out of his cupboard.

Dan, PLEASE do that. And get them to video it.

forum member

Deputy Manager, Reading Community Welfare Rights Unit

Send message

Total Posts: 1711

Bit of a twist- just had someone at the contact centre very reluctant to issue an IS10 on basis that SDP is not applicable ‘unless enhanced rate of PIP DLC is in payment’. I had to force the issue and I’m not convinced one will be dispatched.

TJL
forum member

Derby advice - Derby Homes

Send message

Total Posts: 251

Ironically enough I’ve   had conversatioins with ESA which run “IS 10 has   been   received then ” “Yes ” Well why   no SDP then.. .... we’re waiting   on an ESA 3?

IE IS 10 received ( and retained) bvut   no ESA3 sent out again (1st was sent   but   not received)  I suspect   its down to poor administrtation

Dan_Manville
forum member

Mental health & welfare rights service - Wolverhampton City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 2262

Billy Durrant - 30 March 2015 06:51 PM
Dan Manville - 30 March 2015 04:36 PM

I am seriously considering the prospect of issuing money claims in respect of dubious administration… Bailiffs at the doors of Caxton house would doubtless scare free that big pile of IS10s out of his cupboard.

Dan, PLEASE do that. And get them to video it.

If I find someone with capacity to litigate I plan to discuss it with them. Sadly capacity is a big problem for a lot of my clients.

I am, frankly, sick of this nonsense; the depths DWP have descended to are appalling and I am quite sure it’s a deliberate drive to save money.

ninja9girl
forum member

Derbyshire County Council

Send message

Total Posts: 34

I had sent 2 IS10’s in both recorded delivery but they still ‘lost’ them in the end had to get one taken into JCP.

I also have had ESA3’s issued along with an IS10.

Having said that I have more problems getting the EDP added and once had a call centre advise me that it was SDP I was asking for…...... I had to explain slowly that SDP was not applicable as the person lived with their parents so only the EDP was payable.

Jac
forum member

Welfare benefits adviser - Melville Housing Association, Midlothian

Send message

Total Posts: 146

ESA actually sent out an IS10 to client- presumably because PIP awarded. Completed and posted back. Just phoned DWP to check it wasn’t lost. They DID have it but decision made not to award SDP as not on PIP!. Pointed out they were getting PIP. Now I have to submit mandatory reconsideration for a decision that was never notified to the client.

Frustrating to say the least but what about all the people entitled to SDP but don’t get an IS10, IS10 gets lost or decision made but never notified?

Jac
forum member

Send message

Just spent half a day on phone chasing up OS10’s. They now seem to be received but now are just not being actioned. Some are waiting months for decisions.

CANcan
forum member

Community Ability Network, Edinburgh

Send message

Total Posts: 10

Yes the lost IS-10 form is a perennial problem. When I was asked by our local MP’s office if I had any systematic problems with DWP this was the first thing that sprang to mind.

I hadn’t thought of Peter’s response above re the form going to IS or (more likely) that DWP staff don’t know what to do with it and so leave it in limbo and this sounds very plausible. I might start writing letters to the appropriate area rather than wait for an IS-10 that disappears or is never actioned.

Jac
forum member

Send message

Frequently “lost” and once confirmed as being received can wait months for a decision- not always being made correctly. SDP’s have been around for 30years but cause endless problems!