to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit administration  →  Thread

Notifications of changed UC awards

Campbell McCrea
forum member

Citizens Advice Bureau, Berwick upon Tweed

Send message

Total Posts: 20

We know that claimants circumstances can change. Also that assessed earnings (including from self employment) can differ from one monthly assessment period to another. Does anyone know what arrangements exist to notify UC claimants of changes to their awards and how the changed amounts have been calculated? Any reference to regulations and/or experiences would be appreciated.

Edmund Shepherd
forum member

Tenancy Income, Royal Borough of Greenwich, London

Send message

Total Posts: 508

In theory, it should be digital. I wonder if someone has thought about how to do it without a digital service…

Cordelia
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Wrexham Council Welfare Rights Team

Send message

Total Posts: 149

My UC client seems to get monthly letters - at least he gets letters for some months, but I’m not sure if any gaps are down to UC not sending letters or him not showing his support worker…

Campbell McCrea
forum member

Citizens Advice Bureau, Berwick upon Tweed

Send message

Total Posts: 20

Thanks to both of you. I would be concerned if any notifications had to be digital for obvious reasons.
Cordelia, how detailed re elements & income are your client’s letters?

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3548

we have been told at stakeholders meetings that once in the digital service you get notifications by your chosen method - sms or email - to tell you to log onto your account if there is something you need to look at - and that you don’t get a letter every time as you do under the live service. But I don’t have direct experience - anyone out there in a digital area that does?