to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Work capability issues and ESA  →  Thread

ESA 2 Form

Susannah Fayers
forum member

Generalist adviser - Camden CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 32

Anyone help on this please.So far this has been a telephone only conversation with the client.

Client received ESA 2 form with some Q’s circled. On the phone she tells me that DWP have tried to call her a couple of times and when she rang back she was told it was a ‘review’.

However, client previously claiming Income Related IB and was exempt .Claims never to have been migrated on to ESA - not aware of DWP making any decisions to convert award based on GP or DLA info for eg and has never had an award letter/conversion letter.Only change of circumstances was dependent reaching 19 yrs and starting university 1 yr a go.

.The ESA 2 questions appear to assume she is already claiming ESA . Is it possible that DWP using this form before deciding whether they can convert award .She hasn’t received ESA 50 nor any other communication. Claims DLA HRM MRC

benefitsadviser
forum member

Sunderland West Advice Project

Send message

Total Posts: 1003

Im confused. If he was 19 last year how is he on IB when no new claims for IB could be accepted after 2010?

IB isnt income related anyway. Surely your client is on income related ESA

If you get DLA and are a student then you should automatically be classed as having LCFW (i think!)

JoW
forum member

Financial inclusion manager - Wythenshawe Community Housing

Send message

Total Posts: 343

Dependant reached 19 yo, not the claimant (who is a woman from my reading).

Tom B (WRAMAS)
forum member

WRAMAS - Bristol City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 454

If your client was receiving either income support or ESA, annual uprating letters go out each year so there should be something in writing from the past few months to tell which benefit was being paid.

It’s unusual but entirely possible she could have been transferred from IS to ESA without any contact or assessment although she should have been sent decision notices etc.