to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Disability benefits  →  Thread

A miracle!

Dan_Manville
forum member

Mental health & welfare rights service - Wolverhampton City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 2262

I made a PIP claim at the beginning of September and it went into payment today.

Less than 2 months; I will be putting a euromillions bet on this evening…

Also JCP issue the IS10 automatically when PIP’s awarded…

Edmund Shepherd
forum member

Tenancy Income, Royal Borough of Greenwich, London

Send message

Total Posts: 508

Hm. Special rules? Supported by lots of medical evidence? Decision without HCP appointment?

Dan_Manville
forum member

Mental health & welfare rights service - Wolverhampton City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 2262

Edmund Shepherd - 22 October 2014 03:52 PM

Hm. Special rules? Supported by lots of medical evidence? Decision without HCP appointment?

HCp doorstepped them; “just passing through”. Probably walked into the flat and wrote simply “looking at the state of the flat he’s clearly entitled” and went home. She wasn’t there very long from what client told me.

Don’t know about med ev as CPN did the form but I’ve advised far and wide that they should submit risk assessments so possibly lots of medical evidence.

But still… less than 2 months! I reckon I’m due a prize!

benefitsadviser
forum member

Sunderland West Advice Project

Send message

Total Posts: 1003

Well there hangs a tale….........

I had a client who completed his PIP form on 31st august.

He had a medical and last week he got an award letter. 7 weeks.

Standard mob + DL awarded , along with a letter saying about £600 would hit his bank in 2 days

He coincidentally got a letter asking him for his WCA they day after his PIP letter.

He thought it had something to do with his PIP medical so he rang PIP to clarify.

He was told that it was ESA and nothing to do with his PIP award, but PIP did tell him that a rather large admin error had occurred and that they were going to ring him about it, and that he shouldnt have been sent the letter as no decision had actually been made yet.

They also told him “There is no way you can get PIP in 7 weeks”

Obviously distressed he rang me, i called PIP and PIP told me that they hadnt a clue what I was on about.

They said there was nothing whatsoever in the notes and the award was correct, and that the decision had already been made..

A member of processing team calling him back by friday just to clarify…. He got his £600 arrears and as far as im concerned if he spends it then its not recoverable…

Was thinking of putting in a complaint but there is no evidence that PIP wrongly (?)called him to tell him the award was incorrect

ranaway
forum member

Welfare Rights, North Tyneside Disability Forum

Send message

Total Posts: 28

I’ve had 2 clients this week report a positive decision on their PIP without a medical. These claims are speeding (once took 7 weeks, one took 7 months). Loving this new trend of paper based assessment.

I note ATOS seem to have added an additional Newcastle city centre assessment centre.

Things are looking up…

NeverSayNo
forum member

Welfare rights department - Northumberland County Council

Send message

Total Posts: 195

bexber - 30 October 2014 01:53 PM

I note ATOS seem to have added an additional Newcastle city centre assessment centre.

Things are looking up…

Hello Bexber

Our clients are using Newcastle city centre (when they are not referred to Ashington) but we are aware only of Albany Court (Physioworld) and Hadrian House - these have been used almost from the start as far as I recollect. Are you aware of another Newcastle city centre assessment centre?

MNM
forum member

Solicitor, French & Co Solicitors, Nottingham

Send message

Total Posts: 140

I’m in Nottingham and all of my clients are still waiting…

ranaway
forum member

Welfare Rights, North Tyneside Disability Forum

Send message

Total Posts: 28

PAW - 30 October 2014 02:50 PM
bexber - 30 October 2014 01:53 PM

Things are looking up…

Hello Bexber

Our clients are using Newcastle city centre (when they are not referred to Ashington) but we are aware only of Albany Court (Physioworld) and Hadrian House - these have been used almost from the start as far as I recollect. Are you aware of another Newcastle city centre assessment centre?

Yes, they’re doing assessments at 3 St James’ Gate (which is the block of flats next to Times Sq). A client was invited there last week.

NeverSayNo
forum member

Welfare rights department - Northumberland County Council

Send message

Total Posts: 195

bexber - 04 November 2014 12:38 PM

Yes, they’re doing assessments at 3 St James’ Gate (which is the block of flats next to Times Sq). A client was invited there last week.

Thanks for getting back Bexber - by coincidence just this morning we spoke to a client with an appointment for there.

Patrick Joseph Hill
forum member

Trafford Benefits Advice Service

Send message

Total Posts: 61

I’m not sure if this counts as a first for anyone else, but it is for me, but I had my first PIP RENEWAL claim today.

Thank you.

Patrick.

Ben E Fitz
forum member

Welfare Benefits Caseworker, Manchester CAB Manchester

Send message

Total Posts: 162

Already done two renewal forms! Now I have a review/supercession claim, triggered 9 months into a 2 year award by client ringing PIP to inform them of a new diagnosis of type 2 diabetes.