to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Disability benefits  →  Thread

Blank PIP2

Mark of Carnage
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Salford City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 44

Has anyone tried completing and submitting a PIP2 that has had the name and bar codes rubbed out?

It’s an old trick, tippexing personal details (including barcodes in this instance) out on a spare form to make a useable form to copy but as PIP2s are covered in barcodes I’m concerned that the department will simply reject out of hand a PIP2 that was clearly not issued by them.

Anyone tried this and can give any feedback with a copied forms acceptance to the department?

I’m making appointments to do PIP2 forms with clients a few weeks after they did the PIP1 and finding that the department aren’t sending a PIP2 out within the month or at all in some cases. In many cases I think a PIP2 would help greatly.

I know they should consider all evidence they are sent but am wondering whether there might be any problems with submitting evidence in this way.

Any thoughts?

Pete C
forum member

Pete at CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 556

Reg. 11 (1) (a) of SI 2013/380 says that that a claim for PIPS must be made in writing on a form ‘authorised by the Secretary of State for that purpose and completed in accordance with the instructions on that form’ and I wonder if the absence of a bar code might mean that the form is no longer ‘authorised’

tarzier
forum member

The Regard Partnership, Kingston

Send message

Total Posts: 54

I have a claim that PIP took 3 months to issue the PIP2, this was because the case is a fault on their system.  I was not told this by PIP and in the end I had to get my client’s MP involved before anything was done.

The PIP2 has turned up with no bar codes on it.  All it has is the client’s name and NINO on every page, therefore I would say based on that they can accept claims with no barcode on. The only tricky thing would be getting your hands on a blank PIP2 without a barcode on it.

Pete C
forum member

Pete at CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 556

I think Marks reference to the tippex treatment might do the trick!

As its Friday-  I wonder if you could just photocopy any old barcode and stick it over the original, perhaps something from Sainsbury’s- I’d love to see letters addressed to ‘Mr Fairtrade Teabags 80 Pack’

Tom H
forum member

Newcastle Welfare Rights Service

Send message

Total Posts: 783

Pete C - 10 October 2014 09:07 AM

..I’d love to see letters addressed to ‘Mr Fairtrade Teabags 80 Pack’

Very funny Pete but I doubt it would ever get that far.  When the PIP2 was processed,  the DWP’s scanner would surely scream “Unexpected item in the bagging area”.

Geri-G
forum member

Welfare reform team - North Ayrshire Council

Send message

Total Posts: 91

Pete C - 30 September 2014 09:01 AM

Reg. 11 (1) (a) of SI 2013/380 says that that a claim for PIPS must be made in writing on a form ‘authorised by the Secretary of State for that purpose and completed in accordance with the instructions on that form’ and I wonder if the absence of a bar code might mean that the form is no longer ‘authorised’

Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t it that PIP1 is the actual claim form as the initial call/from deals with conditions of entitlement etc etc, and the PIP2 is only the medical questionnaire?