to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit administration  →  Thread

Universal Credit Claim Form

mccaigl
forum member

Welfare Rigths Officer, Cadder Housing Association

Send message

Total Posts: 2

Afternoon, Just looking to see if anyone has or can advise me where to go to get a copy of the claim form for Universal Credit.
Many thanks

nevip
forum member

Welfare rights adviser - Sefton Council, Liverpool

Send message

Total Posts: 3135

You’re going to need a letter from the Almighty to get one of them.  The default claim position is online.  If you don’t have access at home you will be expected to access a jobcentre or library and claim online there.  If you need help they aim to provide it.  If you can’t get out or enter busy buildings they will expect you to claim by phone.  If you can’t use the phone either then they’ll expect someone else to do it for you.  If there is no-one else and they finally can’t think of any other way then, and only then, and after much tutting and eyebrow raising, will they issue a form.

Andrew Dutton
forum member

Welfare rights service - Derbyshire County Council

Send message

Total Posts: 1955

Are they making it THAT easy to get one?

I thought that in order to get a UC form there was the need to go on a quest to the land of Getbugrall, to fight the dragon Eyedeehess, steal his golden CV (which turns out to be painted cardboard) and return triumphant only to have to go into battle to recover your homeland from the Macykvees that have taken over while you were away?

Only when you have proven yourself the One True Champion Undaunted By All will you get a form - and you will then be sanctioned for nicking off and doing all that questing instead of looking for a job in the 7 days before your claim is allowed.

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3537

I thought a paper form didn’t exist - can you actually get one if you make enough fuss?

Paul_Treloar_CPAG
forum member

Advice and Rights Team, Child Poverty Action Group

Send message

Total Posts: 550

IDS stands at the Dispatch box and exhorts: Universal credit claim forms are being rolled out as planned, they are on budget, and they will be delivered on time….

stevejohnsontrainer
forum member

@theflipchart ltd

Send message

Total Posts: 124

I read that to the end of May 2014 there were 1,380 new awards of UC within the previous 3 months. Based on a predicted eventual cohort (by DWP) of 10,000,000 eventual awards (new and migrated), I have recalculated the projected full migration date, taking into account all awards already made. I predict full migration in the year 3,811 (could not narrow it down to a particular month). Projecting backwards, if the migration had started 188 years after the death of Christ, it would still be going on now. This is a slight improvement on previous projections, and I think something to be thankful for. “On time, on budget…”