to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Work capability issues and ESA  →  Thread

ESA Sanctions on Work Programme

Neil
forum member

Debt & Benefits, Aster Communities

Send message

Total Posts: 96

I have just been speaking to an Advisor from a Agency contracted to provide the work programme in our part of the World.
She said they had been informed there will be no more Sanctions for the forseeable future if you are claiming WRG of ESA if they don’t fully comply with the programme. it doesn’t seem to fit the current Government ethos.
Has anyone else heard any thing on this issue?

BC Welfare Rights
forum member

The Brunswick Centre, Kirklees & Calderdale

Send message

Total Posts: 1366

Not heard anything but like you I find it a little difficult to reconcile with reality. Sounds a bit like the supposed cessation on ESA reassessments that is still proclaimed on Atos’ website despite the fact that people are still being referred for reassessment. Let’s hope not.

Dan_Manville
forum member

Mental health & welfare rights service - Wolverhampton City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 2262

They are hoping to prevent a potential deluge of discrimination claims. A door has recently opened that very possibly has them extremely worried. I can’t say what but what I can say is this…

I would strongly urge anyone who sees a potentially discriminatory Work Progamme sanction to contact Civil Legal Advice on 0845 345 4 345 or speak to Ryan Bradshaw whose details are scattered about these pages. The deadline to file before the Employment Tribunal is 3 months so you need act quick.

I’ve been banging on about the Equality Act for a while…