to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Work capability issues and ESA  →  Thread

reassessments for claimants already on esa

stevenmcavoy
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Enable Scotland

Send message

Total Posts: 871

I seem to remember that these were being put on hold.

did I imagine this as I now cant find anything on it?

Dan_Manville
forum member

Mental health & welfare rights service - Wolverhampton City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 2262

No you didn’t imagine it however despite what was reported in the news they’re still sending out ESA50s and helpline staff tell me that reviews are still being conducted.

stevenmcavoy
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Enable Scotland

Send message

Total Posts: 871

DManville - 08 July 2014 11:51 AM

No you didn’t imagine it however despite what was reported in the news they’re still sending out ESA50s and helpline staff tell me that reviews are still being conducted.

so i didnt imagine it but they imagined they said it instead.

thanks for clearing that up!

Jane OP
forum member

The National Autistic Society, Welfare Rights, Nottingham

Send message

Total Posts: 161

So are people seeing the reassessments still happening? I had not seen any for a while so had concluded that they had been suspended for the time being.

I know if you ring up ESA they tell you that the reassessments are carrying on as usual - but I’m not seeing that actually happen in practice.

The only official thing I’ve seen is this (bottom of column 471 and top of 427)

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201314/cmhansrd/cm140227/debtext/140227-0003.htm

Jane

BC Welfare Rights
forum member

The Brunswick Centre, Kirklees & Calderdale

Send message

Total Posts: 1366

Yes, reassessment still happening, had 2 in this morning with ESA50s. Might be a coincidence but every reassessment I’ve seen over last couple of months or so has been someone already in the Support Group. I recall seeing something about reassessments still going ahead when reassessment period was before/after a certain date but can’t remember where/what/when.

benefitsadviser
forum member

Sunderland West Advice Project

Send message

Total Posts: 1003

Just had a client on the blower who was put in SG two years ago after a protracted appeal.

He rang me today saying he needs to go for a WCA again in 2 weeks.

Meanwhile i have shedloads of clients waiting over six months who are still on assessment rate.

Probably trying to get existing components for ESA removed from existing claimants rather than added to new ones. Or maybe thats just me…..

Dan_Manville
forum member

Mental health & welfare rights service - Wolverhampton City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 2262

benefitsadviser - 08 July 2014 03:01 PM

Just had a client on the blower who was put in SG two years ago after a protracted appeal.

He rang me today saying he needs to go for a WCA again in 2 weeks.

Meanwhile i have shedloads of clients waiting over six months who are still on assessment rate.

Probably trying to get existing components for ESA removed from existing claimants rather than added to new ones. Or maybe thats just me…..

The stated policy was that ATOS would carry on with any referrals that were still in the pipeline so people who sent ESA50s in before the suspension wouldn’t have been affected, however despite advice to Parliament that reassessments were suspended it would appear that ESA50s are being sent out.

I wonder whether the DMs are doing desktop reviews…